PHPprime Primary Care Providers and Preferred Specialists are expected to use the MCS Essette Prior Authorization Portal to submit pre-certifications, referrals and prior authorization requests. Request access to the portal here.
Care coordinators work in partnership with your PHPprime primary care provider to help you manage your health and overall well-being. Care coordinators are registered nurses, social workers and community resource specialists who are part of your health team.
Care coordinators are available to talk with you:
By phone or text as often as you need
In person at your doctor’s office or home
Here are some of the things care coordinators can help with:
- Help you find resources for support with living a healthy life (for example: food, housing, financial and legal advice, transportation, mental health services and more)
Search our list of community resources.
- Help you manage your health
- Educate and coach about chronic health conditions
- Promote self-management skills
- Guide communication between you and your health care providers
- Connect you with care and support
- Assess your needs and provide education
- Help with referrals for services and coordinate care
- Help you and your family members make informed decisions
- Provide advance directives guidance
- Offer resources for caregiver support
- Educate about long-term care and life planning options
Learn more about advance care planning.
- Help you understand and adhere to medicine you are taking or thinking about taking
- Educate about proper use for safety and effectiveness
- Provide tips for managing medications