Care coordinators work in partnership with your PHPprime primary care provider to help you manage your health and overall well-being. Care coordinators are registered nurses, social workers and community resource specialists who are part of your health team.
Care coordinators are available to talk with you:
By phone or text as often as you need
In person at your doctor’s office or home
Here are some of the things care coordinators can help with:
- Help you find resources for support with living a healthy life (for example: food, housing, financial and legal advice, transportation, mental health services and more)
Search our list of community resources.
- Help you manage your health
- Educate and coach about chronic health conditions
- Promote self-management skills
- Guide communication between you and your health care providers
- Connect you with care and support
- Assess your needs and provide education
- Help with referrals for services and coordinate care
- Help you and your family members make informed decisions
- Provide advance directives guidance
- Offer resources for caregiver support
- Educate about long-term care and life planning options
Learn more about advance care planning.
- Help you understand and adhere to medicine you are taking or thinking about taking
- Educate about proper use for safety and effectiveness
- Provide tips for managing medications